New Location and a return to the beginning

 Well, things can sometimes move incredibly quickly at times.  Within a week of posting my last blog post, where I mentioned we were looking at downsizing, we were accepting the keys for a new property.  We have moved from a three bedroom house  into a two bedroom apartment, which suits my wife and her medical needs much better.  But, it does mean that I have lost the gaming and painting room, at least until eldest son decides to move out.  Fortunately, the painting station, figure cases and boxes of terrain have all managed to find a home in the main bedroom until they can move to their permanent home.

On the subject of painting, this weekend I picked up the brush for the first time in over a month to carry on painting some French Line and Light infantry.  After this I only have a couple more infantry bases to go then I have fourteen cavalry bases and six artillery bases to do to complete the Army of the South.  I am hoping to get them all done before the end of the year provided I can get back into a decent rhythm of painting.

All this upheaval means that the opportunities for actually getting a game going will be very much reduced for the foreseeable future.  Unless I start to use the bed as a table for the base for the boards all it will mean doing is evicting the cats from their favourite sleeping spot and not being able to leave it setup over night (unless I can convince Helen to sleep on the sofa :) )

So, what is going to be next, I will have to dig out the notes I made on the ECW games I played earlier this year and get them written up.  I really should get some photos taken of the French force that are building up nicely and get them posted before the end of the year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Recap and 2021 plans

Dismounted Infantry and Vapnartak 2019

The Dark Ages of 2022 Report, or, Mind what you do with that arrow, you will have someone's eye out